OTHER ASSESSMENT RESOURCES
Formative Assessment Tools
|Formative Assessment: 67 Different Ways to Check for Understanding|
|File Size:||204 kb|
Core Competencies Self-Assessment
Core competencies are an integral part of the new curriculum. Students will be required to self-assess their core competencies at the end of a course or school year. In order to be able to self assess, students will need ample opportunities to identify and talk about their competencies. Below are some samples of student self-assessments kindly shared by BC educators.
SD36 (Surrey) offers many resources including fillable student self-assessments of Core Competencies on this page
SD71 (Comox) offers an extensive list of books and activities to support the Core Competencies on this page
Compétences essentielles - auto-évaluation (Cliquez pour une version française d'auto-évaluation gracieuseté de Kelsey Keller, enseignante en C.-B.)
Samples of Unit Assessment Rubrics
BC Educators have been working at creating unit rubrics that align the learning standards with assessment.
Kindergarten Science Unit Rubric - Design a Bridge by BC Educators J. Moroz and Deb Coupe
Grade 2 Science Unit Rubric - Forces Influence the Motion of an Object by BC Educators J. Brennan & C. Patenaude
Grade 4 Science Unit Rubric - Create an Animal in a Local Habitat by BC Educator J. Moroz
As of August 2017, a digital portfolio called FreshGrade will be available to all Yukon teachers that wish to use it. FreshGrade is the only online portfolio tool supported by Yukon Education.
There will be three intakes for the use of FreshGrade. Please submit your request to Sofie Maurice (firstname.lastname@example.org) by:
Steps to getting a FreshGrade account:
- Hand out consent forms and collect them back with all signatures.
- Contact Sofie Maurice to confirm receipt of permission slips and receive your FreshGrade login information.
- Log in and make sure all of your students are on your list and information is accurate.
- Invite your students into your FreshGrade classroom. The step-by-step guide is here or watch a YouTube video.
- If you are new to Fresh Grade and are curious about how it works and how you can use it in your classroom this year, here are a few resources to support the start of your exploration:
- FreshGrade Getting Started Guide
- The website- www.freshgrade.com (this also includes the “Support Center” for FAQ’s, how-to’s, etc.)
- Questions? Email email@example.com or the FreshGrade Support Contact- Support@freshgrade.com
- Free training webinars
- Sofie Maurice's Digital Portfolio website
Guidelines for Effective Portfolio Posts